My son's first round of senior pictures were horrible. The outdoor pictures, the photographer had him facing the sun, he could hardly keep his eyes open, there were cars in the parking lot behind him and she didn't even help to pose him at all.

She took all of 4 pictures and sent us back inside. At this point I was not real happy, so we go inside for the tux pictures and they don't have a jacket that will fit him (broad shoulders, not overweight) and they piece together two jackets for his pictures. I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt because I thought well maybe they know how to position this so you can not tell it's two jackets. I waited for over two weeks for the proofs only to be disappointed & shocked by the prices they are wanting to charge, it is highway robbery because they know they have you.

I immediately scheduled retakes and I rented a tuxedo jacket to avoid their piecemill work. I'm still waiting on the actual proofs to arrive in the mail now two weeks later. I have been able to view the proofs online and they seem very blurry. So I called the toll free number to inquire about them doing some retouch work only to be told that I would have to order a package first in order to have the touch up work done at a charge of $60 per picture.

Funny thing the price jumped from $20 on the website to $60 on the phone. One of his pictures has the top of his head cutoff and another one is not even centered. I was told that if I was not satisfied with the outcome of the pictures that I could send them back and they would retouch again. I don't want to have to send these pictures back and forth until I am satisfied.

I want to know what I am ordering is going to be right the first time around. While on the phone with them today, I also inquired about Prestige Portraits being owned by Lifetouch, the gentleman responded that was correct. I ask him how could they be charging 6x more for senior pictures over what the regular school picture packages are being charged, he couldn't respond. I compared a package of 2 8x10, 4 5x7, 4 4x5 & wallets, the senior pictures were $379 without retouching & the price through Lifetouch was only $52.

They are using the same backdrops, same lighting and the same paper for all so why are the senior pictures so much more expensive? Sounds like price gouging to me. I am going to hire a real photographer to take my son's senior pictures rather than someone that has no professional training in photography what so ever. Having the piece of mind that they will be completed professionally and be completed right the first time around is worth the price.

Since I have priced some professional photographers, their prices are much less than what Prestige is trying to steal from you. This will not be my last complaint written on this company as I plan on writing our school superintendent and principal and suggest that they not use this company again.

My second letter is going to the Better Business Bureau. I urge all parents to steer clear from this rip off company if you can.

Product or Service Mentioned: Prestige Portraits Photo Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Prestige Portraits Cons: Price gouging for senior year.

• Price Gouging