Prestige Portraits are TERRIBLE. They did not explain that the original fee was for sitting fee alone when I went in for my portraits.

When asked, the people in the front were circumventing their answers, and at the end, our understanding was that we would get pictures for our original fee. However, we get a mail saying that I need to pay $200 for ONE OUTFIT, ONE POSE despite having paid for 2 OUTFITS, MULTIPLE POSES. Then why did I spend more for 13 POSES while the minimum package is ONE POSE and I have to pay like $350+ dollars for all my poses?? In addition, on the package brochure, I was supposed to get a 1-1.5 hour session but my session looked more like 20 minutes.

For those of you who are about to be scammed, here is a breakdown of what you are about to experience: drape on a robe, strike a pose of 2 seconds each, check the portraits through the viewfinder, then leave. After my portrait session, I told the person in the dressing room that I didn't like how my robe was positioned, yet she shrugged her shoulders and walked away. I was taken back but I went home because the people at the front were unclear and there was obviously no employee in the dressing room. And then 2 weeks later, lo and behold, I receive proofs in the mail asking me to pay.

The instructions are extremely unclear (except for the paying part). They're very meticulous to ensure that they get their money out of every single parent. When I went into the portrait session, there was no indication of these new outrageous prices, only what I learn now were "sitting fees" with ambiguous descriptions. The description for the package I paid for was 1-1.5 hour session, with 2 poses, and 8-12 photos.

I was not explained that 1) this was only the sitting fee 2) I would have to order physical proofs on top of the fee that I already paid. Do I return the proofs?-- I don't know, they have no instructions on that inside the mail I received with the proofs. If I don't have to return them, why did I pay the deposit for $50? If I do have to return them, why are there no instructions and why do I have to pay a separate shipping fee to return them?

Simply speaking, there are NO instructions on this process inside the mail. The people at locations are extremely vague with their answers. Sure, their policies might be written on different pieces of paper, but when customers ask questions, they do so because they are confused, not because they need to hear more unclear answers.

This is not about the money. This is about a heinous corporation taking advantage of students and sentimental parents.

Review about: Prestige Portraits Photo Service.

I liked: Great until i got the price list.

I didn't like: Prices, Price gouging for senior year.

Comments